Health Rights & Responsibilities Week 6 Discussion Questions (6).docx
Health Rights & Responsibilities Week 6 Discussion Questions (6)
Experts only! Scholarly responses are required.
*Please answer each question individually and accurately. Must cite any and all references in APA format.
Label each solution with the corresponding question. Copy and pasted solutions will NOT be accepted.
Minimum 2-3 quality paragraphs per question. Firm Deadline.
Part A: Views on Abortion
1. What do you say to a coworker who does not share your moral or religious views concerning
2. We also know that abortion has been a topic of discussion for a long time. Our text refers to the role
of the Supreme Court starting with Roe V Wade. It talks about a "steady progression of abortion cases".
Which case do you feel has been the most influential since the Roe V. Wade? The text also talks about
the fact that only the physician has the duty to advise about this topic, at least in the healthcare setting.
Do you agree with that?
3. In the end, respecting other opinions is key here and that is going to be our focus. Strong and different
opinions exist, of course. Roe versus Wade has had a strong influence on the opinions. Our society will
continue to grapple with this for a long time to come. It is not an easy subject and it combines social,
religious and maybe even ethnic opinions. Is that helping or hurting the debate?
Part B: Views on Sterilization
1. As a healthcare professional, what are your ethical perspectives on sterilization?
2. Should there ever be a legal limit placed on the number of children which can be born to a family?
Explain your view from a healthcare management perspective.
3. It is important to remember that anyone who castrates or sterilizes another person without following
the procedures required by law is personally liable (civilly or criminally) for assault and battery. How is
the civil or criminal liability determined?