Advanced Practice Roles in Nursing:
• Compared and contrasted the roles of the Family Nurse Practitioner, nurse educator, nurse informaticist, and nurse administrator in advanced practice nursing pertaining to clinical practice, primary care, education, administration, and research.
Individual Advanced Practice Role (20 points each):
• Examined regulatory and legal requirements for Kentucky as a Family Nurse Practitioner in which you plan to practice.
• Described the professional organizations available for membership based on your selected role of Family Nurse Practitioner
• Identified required competencies, including certification requirements for your selected role as Family Nurse Practitioner.
• Predicted the organization and setting, population, and colleagues with whom you plan to work.
Leadership Attributes of the Advanced Practice Role (20 points each):
• Determined your leadership style as a participative leader.
• Identified leadership attributes you currently possess and attributes you may need to develop. (Dependable, educated, ethical are attributes I possess) needs work on Implementing changes in healthcare.
• Determined how to attain and evaluate those missing attributes.
Health Policy and the Advanced Practice Role (20 points each):
Visited the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and identified a health policy issue. Conducted a review of literature and addressed the following:
• Described the current policy and what needs to change; justified your conclusions with citations from the literature.
• Provided the process required to make the change with key players and parties of interest.
• Explained how you could lead the effort to make or influence the change in policy.
• Predicted the effect on healthcare quality if the change in policy is implemented.
Used correct spelling, grammar, and professional vocabulary. Cited and referenced all sources using APA format. Free of grammatical, spelling, or punctuation errors. Citations and references are written in correct APA Style.